- About Us
- Annual Meeting
|Scholarship - Trainee Travel|
Eastern Vascular Society
Trainee Traveling Scholarship
Annual Meeting 2019
The Eastern Vascular Society is pleased to offer a Trainee Traveling Scholarship (grant) for Medical Students and Surgical Residents (PGY-1 to PGY-4) to attend the 33rd Annual Meeting, September 05 – 07, 2019, at The OMNI William Penn, Pittsburgh, PA.
To apply, students, residents, and fellows should fill out the application form and submit a brief personal statement expressing your interest in vascular surgery and how this scholarship will help to further your training. All applications for the Travel Scholarship must be received by June 15, 2019. The grant includes a travel reimbursement and complimentary hotel stay at the OMNI William Penn for the Annual Meeting, including all scientific sessions, The Young Surgeon’s Program, receptions, and all breakfast and lunch symposia. This grant does not include meeting registration. This grant is provided in the form of reimbursement, after completing the necessary requirements.
Recipients will receive up to a $1,000 reimbursement award to help cover the cost of attending the 2019 Annual Meeting.
· This Fellowship can not be combined with the EVS Mock Oral Scholarship.
· Applicants must pre-register for the Annual Meeting in order to be considered. Please pre-register at www.easternvascular.org.
· Applicants must stay in the OMNI William Penn Hotel – up to 3 nights of lodging are offered.
· Important: Applicants must collect a Scholarship Passport and have each section completed in order to receive their reimbursement. Applicants will NOT be reimbursed for travel expense unless this is complete.
· Attendees must choose one breakfast and one lunch symposium per day to attend with their Mentors
· Attend the Young Vascular Surgeons Program
· Attend the Issues Panel
· Attend at least 1session of the Post Graduate course (or Radiation Safety Program)
· Attend at least 1 Scientific Session per day
· Attend either the Community Physicians Program or the Allied Health Program
· Attend the Poster Session
· Meet with their sponsoring Mentor once per day – sign ups to follow
*Applicant must lodge at the OMNI William Penn Hotel. No exceptions.
Deadline to Apply: June 15, 2019