The Eastern Vascular Society (EVS) was founded in 1987 to:
- enhance the ability to provide vascular care
- to serve disparate communities through a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- to promote diversity and inclusion within the Society, in vascular surgery education, training and research.
Our objectives are to:
- advance the art and science of vascular surgery
- provide an educational forum for physicians in the Eastern United States and Canada active in the field of vascular diseases
- improve the delivery to the public of healthcare for vascular diseases
- encourage research in the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases
About 300 medical professionals attend our annual scientific meeting. Our next Annual Meeting is September 24th - 27th, 2020 in Charleston, SC. We hope you will join us.
Frank Veith, MD was our keynote speaker for our annual meeting held September 5-7, 2019.
Highlights from the 33rd Annual Meeting in Pittsburgh, PA - Sept 2019 Meeting
The EVS is now accepting applications for Award number 2 of the EVS Diversity & Women Leadership Development Grant!
For Junior Surgeons identifying as a minority, LGBTQ, or woman who are less than 10 years out from Residency, to develop critical leadership skills in the field of Vascular Surgery.
- $5,000 award supported by W. L. Gore & Associates
- Deadline to apply is October 31st, 2019
The EVS Welcomes its 34th President, Dr. James F. McKinsey.
Dr. James McKinsey is a vascular surgeon in New York, New York and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital. He has served on several EVS Committees and the EVS Executive Council since 2014.
He received his medical degree from University of Florida College of Medicine and has been in practice for more than 20 years.