The Eastern Vascular Society (EVS) was founded in 1987 to:
- enhance the ability to provide vascular care
- to serve disparate communities through a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- to promote diversity and inclusion within the Society, in vascular surgery education, training and research.
Our objectives are to:
- advance the art and science of vascular surgery
- provide an educational forum for physicians in the Eastern United States and Canada active in the field of vascular diseases
- improve the delivery to the public of healthcare for vascular diseases
- encourage research in the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases
About 300 medical professionals attend our annual scientific meeting. Our next Annual Meeting is September 5th - 7th, 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA. We hope you will join us.
Frank Veith, MD was our keynote speaker for our annual meeting held September 5-7, 2019.
The Eastern Vascular Society welcomes our 33rd President for the 2018-2019 term, Anil P. Hingorani, MD.
I would like to thank the membership for the privilege to serve the Eastern Vascular Society as its President this year. The EVS has been very active with not only its meeting, but a number of other initiatives in the past several months and we look forward to continuing this expansion of the organization's work on behalf of our members, our vascular specialty and our patients. < Read More >
The EVS is now accepting applications for Award number 2 of the EVS Diversity & Women Leadership Development Grant!
For Junior Surgeons identifying as a minority, LGBTQ, or woman who are less than 10 years out from Residency, to develop critical leadership skills in the field of Vascular Surgery.
- $5,000 award supported by W. L. Gore & Associates
- Award 2 - October 31st, 2019